Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Garden Pico

I absolutely LOVE to make pico.  I make it every week.  It is so healthy, yummy and all natural.  I love that you can just change up the ingredients to whatever you have on hand or to your personal taste preferences!!

6 tomatoes
1-2 green bell peppers
1/2 large red onion (or more)
1 jalepeno pepper
juice of 1 lime
2 cloves garlic
cilantro to taste
optional: 1 Tbs Accent, fresh ground pepper, pinch sea salt, 1 Tbs olive oil, 2 Tbs. white vinegar

Sometimes I just dice everything up by hand and go for more rustic salsa, and sometimes I put it all in my mini chopper and pulse to a finer salsa...either way...YUM !!  Taylor literally eats it with a spoon!!!  OR you can serve with baked whole grain tortilla chips  OR I make my own chips by using whole wheat tortillas, lightly rub with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and broil in oven until blistered and crispy, break into pieces and dip !!


No comments:

Post a Comment