Thursday, November 18, 2010

Buddy System

I missed working out yesterday with my sister and have just felt bummed over it!  I just needed a day to catch up on housework and recover a bit from last week.  A friend of mine, April Westerhold , is what I call my "fit friend"...we had talked in passing about meeting at the gym sometime (she has gone to this gym for a long time) and we just haven't made it until today.  I have to admit, I have been worried that I wouldn't be a very good workout buddy.  I am sooo out of shape and just beginning to get comfy at the gym, BUT I can walk the treadmill so that is where we started!  She ran, I walked fast, we chatted and before ya know it, I had stayed on longer than ever before.  I always look at the minutes, but this time we paid attention to the distance...  April made it to her goal of 2 miles and I ended at 1.5 miles, which is GREAT!!!  

She is used to the loose weights and I only do the weight machines, but it was interesting seeing what type of workout she does.  Yes, I am more comfortable with the machines, because i know how to use them, plus there are NO mirrors to scare me away, BUT I could totally see working my way to that "side" of the gym!  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. You did great and really helped me! I was afraid I wasn't going to make it the 2 miles and we even made it a 1 mile on the eliptical today. Free weights can definitely be intimidating but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete